Happy Thursday everyone!
Sharing a super yummy smoothie recipe with you today! Very simple to make, as are most smoothies, and great to start your morning with or even enjoy as an afternoon snack!
Blueberry Coconut Smoothie
*Optional: You can also add actual coconut or coconut shreds to your smoothie to give it more texture and added flavor.
- 1 Large Banana
- 1 Handful of Spinach
- 1 Handful of Blueberries (add more if you’d like!)
- 1 Tablespoon of Cacao Powder (I use Sunfood Superfoods Cacao powder.)
- 1-2 Medjool Dates
- 1 Cup of Coconut Water (You can use the water right from a coconut or you can use bottle coconut water such as this brand.)
- 2 Ice Cubes
- First, wash your spinach and blueberries well.
- Then, soak your dates with warm water. Just for a minute or two. If you have a powerful blender such as a Vitamix of Blendtec you can skip this step but it definitely helps blend the dates better if you do soak them. :)
- Next, add all your ingredients into your blender.
- Blend & Enjoy! :)
*Note: The color of your smoothie will vary depending if you add more spinach, blueberries or cacao. The more spinach you add the more green your smoothie will be, the more cacao you add the more brownish and the more blueberries the more purpley it will be. You can always adjust the measurements to this recipe but I think you’ll like it just as it is! :)
Recipe, Written and Styled by: Kristen Tola Hettich
Photographed by: Bethany Nauert