Happy Friday friends!
Here is a fun and simple “recipe” you can try over the weekend! Technically, it’s not really a recipe because it’s so simple and easy. It’s definitely no new concept but I thought I’d share anyway! I’m someone who drinks a TON of water, I’m not kidding! I drink water and juice and that’s it! This “recipe” (we will call it that because I don’t know what else to call it, haha!) will help you to drink more water. To get the full benefit of the fruit though, you need to eat the fruit entirely, but infusing the water will definitely add flavor and make drinking water way more fun! So drink your infused water and then enjoy some yummy fruit!
*NOTE: The ingredients and amounts are entirely up to you, that’s what also makes this fun. The ingredients I’m listing are the best and most commonly used for infusing water. You can play around with how long you let the fruit soak in the water, you can let it sit over night or you can let it sit for a few hours, totally up to you. The more you try it out you’ll notice what you like best!
To help get you started here are some ideas for combinations to try!
- Strawberry + Mint (pictured)
- Grapefruit + Raspberry (pictured)
- Cucumber + Mint (pictured)
- Grapefruit + Orange
- Pomegranate + Orange
- Strawberry + Cucumber
- Blueberry + Orange
- Strawberry + Lime
- Cucumber + Lemon + Lime
- Cucumber + Lemon
- Cucumber + Lime + Mint
- Mint + Lime (pictured)
- Orange + Lemon + Lime (pictured)
- Blueberry + Pomegranate + Raspberry + Strawberry (pictured)
- Strawberry + Mint
- Pomegranate + Cucumber
- Watermelon + Mint
Again, there are so many combinations you can try but hopefully this list will give you some help or inspiration!
- Get the fruits of your choice, wash thoroughly.
- Get a pitcher, Mason jar or large glass and if you need to cut your fruit, do so.
- Put all your ingredients into your jar or pitcher, etc. then fill with filtered water. (*NOTE: If you are using any of the citrus fruits, especially lemon or lime you can try squeezing some into the water as well to really get some great flavor!)
- Put in refrigerator for however long you would like. I recommend at least an hour.
Written and Styled by: Kristen Tola Hettich
Photographed by: Bethany Nauert