Happy Tuesday everyone!
With Kale being the most popular kid on the playground these days, many people are trying to find ways to incorporate this wonderful leafy green into their diets. The one thing I continue to hear though is how to enjoy it without tasting the bitterness. I love making smoothies, especially green ones, so I wanted to make a kale smoothie that was super tasty but also masked the bitterness of it. Here’s my recipe for my kale smoothie, hope you like it! :)
- 1 Banana
- 2 Large handfuls of Green Kale (You can always substitute for other kinds of kale if you wish!)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Coconut Nectar
- 2 cups of Unsweetened Vanilla Hemp Milk
- 2-3 Ice Cubes
*NOTE: You can always add more or less of each ingredient if you wish. Also note that if your smoothie does not come out super green this does not take away from the nutritional value of the smoothie! Green Kale generally does not come out as green as a spinach smoothie would. :)
- First, wash you kale thoroughly.
- Next, add the kale and the remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until all ingredients are blended well.
- Enjoy! :)