Happy Friday everyone!
While trying to find ways to keep cool in this heat we’ve been having and preparing myself for what the summer might be like, I’m still very excited for summer to come and with that season comes a ton of inspiration for me. I think of the beach, dinner parties with friends and tropical drinks! ;) And if you’re out here in this Southern California heat as well, this is just the drink you want to be sipping on! I love this smoothie because it’s very fruity, quick to make and doesn’t have a lot of ingredients.
- 1 cup Orange Juice (You can use pulp or no pulp, up to you!)
- Frozen Mango (About ½ of a cut up mango)
- Nonfat Plain Yogurt (If you are vegan or want to make this recipe vegan you can use Greek Yogurt or you can skip this ingredient all together.)
- 1 Banana
- You will first have to cut up your mango and freeze it. If you aren’t able to do the prep for this smoothie and/or feel like waiting for your mango to freeze you can always just cut up the mango and throw it right into the blender but make sure you add 2-4 ice cubes if you do that. I do find that when you use frozen fruit for smoothies the texture comes out a lot better but it will still taste great if you don’t use frozen mango. ;)
- Add all your ingredients to your blender.
- Blend + Enjoy! :)
Written, Styled & Recipe by: Kristen Tola Hettich
Photographed by: Bethany Nauert