Happy Tuesday everyone!
Trying to keep your diet clean around the holidays can be a little difficult. Especially when there are parties almost every week of the month. Today’s recipe is one that is sure to keep you guilt free (not to mention it’s super tasty!) :)
Pomegranate & Honey Roasted Almond Salad
- Pomegranate seeds
- Trader Joe’s Honey Roasted Almonds
- EVOO + Balsamic Vinegar
NOTE: You can also drizzle a bit of honey in addition or instead of the oil and vinegar. Either way it gives it an extra-added sweetness!
- First, wash your spinach thoroughly.
- Next, if you buy a pomegranate you will want to cut it open and scoop out some of the seeds. This is a longer process when you do buy the pomegranate, to speed this up you can always buy pre packaged pomegranate seeds. (I like the seeds straight fruit itself though!)
- Cut some avocado. You may not want to use a lot if you are going to use a lot of the olive oil, as avocado is already a fat. So you can always add more avocado and less extra virgin olive oil or vice versa!
- Add your spinach, pomegranate, avocado, honey roasted almonds and oil and vinegar to a bowl. As noted above you can also include a bit of honey if you’d like! :)
Written & Styled by: Kristen Tola Hettich
Recipe & Photography by: Bethany Nauert