Happy Friday everyone!
Today we are sharing a green smoothie recipe with you! Kristen makes this almost every morning. Green Smoothies are a great way to start your day! They are quick and are super healthy! (Depending what you put in them!) We love smoothies because you can throw anything (well almost!) in the blender and have a filling “meal.” The problem we’ve noticed and have heard is that people have a hard time masking the taste of the leafy greens. This recipe promises to do just that! It’s nutrious and sweet! Try trading this one day for your breakfast, or even as an afternoon snack!
Kristen’s Go To Green Smoothie
You will need…
- 1 banana
- 2 Stalks of Kale (remove leaves from the stems)
- 1 generous handful of Spinach
- 1 small handful (palm size) of blueberries
- 1-2 spoonfuls of ground Flaxseed
- 2 spoonfuls of Hemp Protein Powder (This is optional, we think it adds great flavor to the smoothie in addition to the protein but the smoothie will still have a great taste if you choose to not use this ingredient.)
- ½ cup of Orange Juice
- ½ cup of water
- 3 large ice cubes
Let’s make this baby!
- Start with putting your banana in followed by the leafy greens and the rest of the ingredients!
- Blend and Enjoy!
- If you don’t have orange juice you can always cut up a large orange (We prefer Valencia oranges.) and replace the ½ cup of orange juice with more water.
- If you want extra sweetness or an additional flavor, you can add a ½ of a peach.
- If you find your smoothie is coming out more liquidy and you want a thicker consistency you can add more leafy greens!
- Another option is adding a spoonful of tahini. You can use this instead of the protein powder or in addition to. This will also make your smoothie thicker.