Mediterranean Mixed Veggie Pita
Happy Tuesday everyone!
Last Tuesday I posted about “Hosting a Healthy Potluck.” Friends brought their homemade dishes and I brought one of my personal favorites to Bethany’s party. This dish is very simple to make and a great option if you are in a hurry but want something filling and healthy.
Mixed Veggie Mediterranean Pita
- 1 Eggplant
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 1-2 Zucchini
- 1-2 Yellow Squash
- Shredded Cabbage (To speed up the cooking process or for when you don’t have time to chop up the cabbage you can purchase pre shredded cabbage.)
- Whole Wheat Pitas
- EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Sea Salt & Pepper (to taste!)
*NOTE: Serves about 2-6, depending on how many “seconds” you have! ;)
*If you are only cooking for yourself though, you will definitely want to cut the recipe in half. You can also save the rest of later in the week! I recommend only using 1 zucchini, squash and tomato and half of an eggplant though! :)
- First, wash all your veggies well.
- Next, chop all the veggies into small pieces.
- Put all your chopped veggies in a bowl or container and put some EVOO (about 1-3 Tablespoons) and a dash of salt and pepper. Either stir or shake them to cover them well with the oil and the salt and pepper.
- Put a pan on medium heat, once it is warm you can pour your veggies into the pan.
- Cook them for about 7-10 minutes or until they are cooked all the way through and are soft.
- Now, cut your pita in half. Open it up and spread the hummus and/or tahini on the inside of the pita, like a sandwich. Then put in your shredded cabbage in the pita, leaving enough room for the cooked veggies!
- Put the veggies in the pita and top with tabbouleh or tzatziki if you’d like or even more hummus and tahini.
- Enjoy! :)
Recipe, Styled, Written and Photographed by: Kristen Tola Hettich