The Healthiest Traditional French Toast
We love healthy food but we still have cravings for those not so “clean” meals. This recipe gets close to healthy as possible on a not so healthy dish. :)
Let’s get cookin’!
“The Healthiest Traditional French Toast”
- 2-3 slices Ezekiel bread
- 4-5 Egg Whites (you can use whole eggs if you prefer)
- Ground Cinnamon
- Vanilla Extract (or you can use raw ground vanilla bean)
- Hemp Milk - or other nut milk or regular milk of your preference, we definitely recommend trying the recipe with hemp milk though! :)
- 2-3 teaspoonns of Coconut Oil
- Coconut Nectar
- Berries (Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries & blackberries)
- In large bowl mix your eggs, cinnamon, vanilla and hemp milk.
- Heat up coconut oil in a pan on low-medium heat.
- Soak one a slice of bread at a time into the mixture in the bowl. Make sure you completely soak the bread by flipping it over a few times.
- Once your slice of bread is fully soaked and your pan is hot, put the bread into the pan.
- Cook flipping over from side to side. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Top with your berries and coconut nectar!